Photo: Dyar Spring/Juaquapin Loop
Well I’m certainly glad that stupid heat wave is over. Hopefully we’ll have some more reasonable temperatures this week!
The National Park Service has proposed increasing the entrance fee at Cabrillo National Monument from $10 to $15 for cars (similar increases are proposed for bicycle, motorcycle, and pedestrian fees). The public is invited to submit feedback regarding this increase between September 1 and September 30. You can submit your comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing the Park Superintendent, 1800 Cabrillo Memorial Drive, San Diego, CA 92106.
Construction of a segment of the Bayshore Bikeway will begin in National City in the next few months. When completed, this will be a 24-mil bike path around the San Diego Bay that runs through Chula Vista, Coronado, Imperial Beach, National City, and downtown San Diego. The full project is expected to be completed by 2020.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save 25% on Gregory Mountain Products
- Big Back-to-School Savings on Select CamelBak Products
- 20% off Yakima racks & accessories
- Labor Day savings with Burley
- Save 25% on Kelty
- Save 25% on select MSR products
- Save 25% on select Therm-a-Rest products
- Save 15% on select ExOfficio products
- End of Season Savings on Columbia Men’s Apparel
- End of Season Savings on Columbia Women’s Apparel
- Save on Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill and more
- End of Season Savings on Men’s Outdoor Apparel
- End of Season Savings on Women’s Outdoor Apparel
- Up to 50% off select adidas Apparel
- Up to 50% off select Under Armour merchandise
- Save on Mountain House
- Up to 50% off Select Asics Apparel
- End of Season Savings on Kids’ Outdoor Apparel
- Up to 25% off Select Athletic Socks
- Up to 25% off Speedo Apparel
- 25% off select Under Armour Apparel, Backpacks, and Shoes
- Save 20% on Burton Packs
Have a good week!
Photo: Love Valley Meadow