Photo: Corte Madera Mountain
I hope everyone has been enjoying this cooler weather. It looks like these temps should be sticking around for a bit, so get out and take advantage of it!
The Coast News reports that the final phase of the River Path Del Mar extension is underway. Funding has been acquired and contracts awarded for biological and topographic surveys. The next steps will be planning the trail, then construction, for which funding has not yet been acquired.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, September 30 – National Public Lands Day. On this day there will be free admission to all federal public lands, including National Parks and Forests.
Sunday, October 15th is the 7th Annual Palomar Mountain State Park Apple Festival, from 11 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. There will be arts & crafts, games for the kids, a pie-eating contest, free apple goodies, and chili & cornbread for $5. There will also be free admission to the park!
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Etekcity Portable Water Filter $18.99
- End of Season Savings on Columbia Men’s Apparel
- End of Season Savings on Columbia Women’s Apparel
- Save on Mountain House Freeze-Dried Food
- Portable Camping Travel Ladies Urinal Funnel $4.00
- Breezz Inflatable Lounger Couch $19.99
- MudGear Trail Running Socks 2-pack $25.47
- Up to 50% off Select Asics Apparel
- End of Season Savings on Kids’ Outdoor Apparel
- Emergency Blanket 6 Pack $13.99
- Veture Paracord Bracelet 15-in-1 Emergency Survival Kit Bracelet with Multifunctional Tools $7.99
- Save 20% on mens and womens Diamondback favorites
Have a good week!
Photo: Dust Devil Nature Trail