Welcome to October! I hereby declare an end to summer and its accompanying unpleasantly hot temperatures. From now on it will be cool and pleasant, with an occasional moderate breeze. Promise.
In addition to pleasant fall weather, October has lots of other cool stuff to look forward to, including:
- October 12 – 16 is National Wildlife Refuge Week! To kick it off, this Sunday, October 12 is Animals on the Bay Day at the Living Coast Discovery Center in Chula Vista. There will be free admission and numerous special activities for the whole family. More information
- October 26 is the Palomar Apple Festival. There will be free admission to Palomar Mountain State Park all day, plus fun festival activities from 11 am to 4 pm. More information
We’ve updated our Events Page with County Parks activities for the fall season, plus Daley Ranch and Anza Borrego State Park activities for October. There’s loads of hikes and other activities listed. For example next Sunday you can join the San Diego Natural History Museum Canyoneers as they hike the Cabrillo National Monument Bayside Trail.
Looks like Amazon has some good end of season deals on outdoor gear:
- Up to 50% Of Select Coleman Sleeping Bags
- Up to 30% Off Select Bike Tools
- Up to 25% Off Coleman Airbeds
- Save up to 40% on the Xtreme Bright LED Lantern
- Save 25% or More on Select Pepper Spray Products from Sabre
- 74% off LED Hand Crank LED Flashlight – Cell Phone Charger, FM Radio, Alarm
Fall means its time to put away those sandals and look for some new boots! Reboot for Fall – Shop Teva’s Boot Collections for Men and Women!