I think fall might finally be here – cooler temperatures and maybe even a little bit of precipitation are in the forecast. It’s about time!
10 News reports that a hiker found a body near Upper Otay Lake on Sunday morning. The Sheriff’s Department is investigating.
Mark your calendars for Friday, November 10th, when author Shawnté Salabert will be at Adventure 16 in San Diego for a book signing and Q&A session for her newly released book Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail: Southern California: Section Hiking from Campo to Tuolumne Meadows.
The National Park Service has proposed raising entrance fees on 17 of its most popular parks, including Yosemite, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Yellowstone and the Grand Canyon, from $30 to $70 per vehicle. The NPS is accepting comments from the public on this proposal through November 23rd, you can submit comments here.
There are two more dates available for docent-led hikes through a normally closed section of Ramona Grasslands Preserve: November 4th and November 18th. Space is limited and advanced registration is required. Visit the San Diego County Parks and Recreation Page for more information.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save on select Under Armour merchandise
- WolfWise Pop-up Shower Tent $20.99
- Freeland Self Inflating Air Pad with Attached Pillow $32.98
- Save on Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad and more
- Arcshell Premium Extra Large Pop Up Beach Tent UPF 50+ $45.49
- Save on Enkeeo 18 Teeth Stainless Steel Ice Cleats Spikes Crampons
- 6-pack Emergency Mylar Blankets $10.95
- Suunto M-3 G Compass $31.95
- The Deuce of Spades Backcountry Potty Trowel $19.50
Have a good week!