Photo: Twin Peaks
Welcome to October! The cooler weather the past couple of days has been nice, but unfortunately it looks like things will be warming up again towards the end of the week. Hopefully we’ll have fall eventually.
We were hiking at Lake Hodges on Saturday when we spotted a rescue chopper land on the south side of the lake. Turns out it was for a hiker who had broken her ankle. We are relieved to hear it was nothing more serious and hope she makes a full recovery!
The San Diego Union Tribune reports that SDG&E will begin replacing thousands of power poles and transmission lines throughout the Cleveland National Forest. Wooden poles will be replaced with steel poles, and some overhead lines will be buried in Laguna Mountain Recreation Area and Cuyamaca Rancho State Park. The goal is to harden the existing power infrastructure and make it less likely that power lines can start a wildfire or power poles are destroyed if a wildfire burns through the area.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save On ULTIMATE SOCKS – Merino Wool, Midweight, Hiker Crew Sock
- Save 25% on The North Face Girl’s Fleece
- iMounTEK Emergency Camping Compact Tools Kit
- Columbia Pre-Winter Sale, Up To 50% Off
- Save on Kelty Backpacks and Tents
- Etekcity Upgraded Portable Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern, 4400mah USB Power Bank $18.99
Have a good week!