Photo: Garnet Peak
I can’t believe its October already! Fall means cooler weather and longer hikes. We’ve also got a full moon this Thursday if you’re up for a little night hike.
Sunday, October 15th is the 7th Annual Palomar Mountain State Park Apple Festival, from 11 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. There will be arts & crafts, games for the kids, a pie-eating contest, free apple goodies, and chili & cornbread for $5. There will also be free admission to the park, making it a great time to check out the trails.
The San Diego Union Tribune has an interesting article about a 2300 acre parcel of land adjacent to Mission Trails Regional Park which officials are hoping can be added to the park.
Nearly 27 miles of new trails have been established on Catalina Island. These trails augment the 38-mile Trans-Catalina Trail, which was previously one of few hiking options on the island. Check out the Catalina Island Conservancy website for more informaion.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Up to 50% Off Organic Insect Repellent Bug Spray
- Up to 60% off New Balance apparel
- 40% off Mission Men’s Sports Apparel
- 40% off Mission Women’s Sports Apparel
- I Go 89 Piece First Aid Kit $9.99
- Save on select Under Armour merchandise
- Save on Victorinox Swiss Army Knives
- Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack 10% off
Have a good week!