I don’t know about you all, but I am really enjoying this cooler weather – it’s perfect for hiking!
This weekend, November 11 – 12, will be a fee free weekend in both National Parks and National Forests in honor of Veteran’s Day. You will not need an Adventure Pass in the areas that normally require one, and you can also visit Cabrillo National Monument for free.
Also on Saturday, November 11, the County of San Diego Parks and Recreation will be hosting their bi-annual Warrior Hike Challenge at El Capitan Open Space Preserve (El Cajon Mountain). Choose from three adventures:
- Boot Camp: Easy/Moderate • Beginning Hikers • 1–2 Hours
- Recon: Moderate • Skilled Hikers • 2–3 Hours
- Warrior: Difficult • Expert Hikers • Up to 7 Hours
All ages are welcome and there is no cost to attend! For additional information, please visit sdparks.org/warriorhike.
Anza-Borrego Desert State Park will begin charging a $10 fee for visitors parking at the Visitor’s Center on weekends (Friday – Sunday) and holidays.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Etekcity 2 Pack Camping Lantern LED Flashlights $13.59
- URPOWER Running Belt $13.39
- Sportneer Military Lensatic Sighting Compass $8.99
- MudGear Trail Running Socks 2 pack $25.47
- TOMSHOO Water Filter Straw $14.99
- WATERFLY Running Belt Waist Bag with Water Bottle Holder for Phone $11.55
- Scrubba Portable Laundry System Wash Bag $38.75
- Foam Roller 2in1 Foam Rollers $18.99
- I Go Compact First Aid Kit – Hard Shell Case – 85 Pieces $12.88
Have a good week!
Photo: Rock Mountain