Photo: Dust Devil Nature Trail
I hope everyone was able to take advantage of the long weekend and excellent hiking weather to get your boots dirty.
With the end of Daylight Savings Time, note that gates at Mission Trails Regional Park will be closed and locked at 5pm, so make sure you are parked outside of the gates if you’re not sure you’ll be done by 5.
Rancho Santa Fe Review has an excellent article highlighting work being done by the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy to remove invasive plants along the river. Removing the invasive, non-native vegetation along the river bed allows native plants to get re-established and reduces fire risk.
If you haven’t yet completed the Coast to Crest Challenge, you still have plenty of time. The challenge, which runs through June, requires you to hike five specific trails along the Coast to Crest Trail and take selfies in designated spots. If you complete the challenge and submit your photo, you will receive a certificate and decal from the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save up to 40% on baselayers for the entire family
- Save up to 40% on outerwear for the entire family
- Save on Coleman Inflatable Air Beds
- Save up to 25% on ExOfficio women’s apparel
- Save up tp 25% on ExOfficio men’s apparel
- Save up to 40% on outdoor lifestyle tops for the entire family
- MSR Pocket Rocket 2 Ultralight Backpacking Camping Stove $38.20
- Save on Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol Mattress Regular and more
- Save on TomTom Runner GPS Running Watch (Grey) and more
- Save 25% on select MSR products
- Save 25% on select Therm-a-Rest products
- 25% Off Select Osprey Packs
- Score Big Fall Savings on Select CamelBak Products
Have a good week!
Photo: Tijuana Estuary