Happy Labor Day! Hopefully you’re enjoying the cool weather and long weekend, because neither is going to last.
CBS has an article that is both entertaining and informative alerting Southern California hikers that it is now tarantula mating season, so we are much more likely to encounter male tarantulas on the trail as they wander around seeking mates.
San Dieguito River Park has announced that there will be a temporary trail detour between Jimmy Durante Blvd and the Coast to Crest trail as work is done to restore more wetland habitat in the vicinity. About half of the existing boardwalk is being removed to accommodate more wetlands, and a new, permanent segment of the Coast to Crest trail will be constructed once the restoration work is completed.
If you have a few minutes to spare, there is a survey being conducted about ideas for interactive hiking trails, so click on over and share your opinion.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- 25% Off Select Gregory Packs
- 25% Off Select CamelBak Products
- Save 20% on Black Diamond Headlamps
- Kelty 2 Person Venture Tent, Grey $69.99
- Up to 15% off select fishing products
- Save up to 40% on Select Columbia Styles
- Save up to 25% on Helly Hansen
- Save up to 25% on Minus33 Merino Wool Clothing
- 25% Off Select Kelty Items
- Save 50% on Mission Cooling Gear