Photo: Big Laguna Trail
It appears that summer is upon us! I hope everyone has been taking precautions to stay safe during this little heat wave. As always, check the weather report before you head out, go early or late in hot weather, and carry plenty of water. Don’t be afraid to turn around early or just take a couple of days off when its really hot out, the trail isn’t going anywhere. The good news is it sounds like things should start cooling off through the week.
There’s a sizable wild fire burning in the Jamul/Dulzura area. The Gate fire began late Saturday morning and was up to 1500 acres by Sunday. You can check the CalFire web site for the current status of the fire.
With the wet winter, tick populations are on the rise. Visit the CDC website for a refresher course on proper tick removal.
The San Diego Union-Tribune has an interesting article about the problems facing trees throughout the county due to drought and insects, and what’s being done to counteract those threats.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- 25% Off Select Osprey Packs
- Save 25% on Select CamelBak Products
- 20% off Select Mission Workout Clothing
- Save on Coleman Tents and more
- Save on ALPS Mountaineering Sleeping Gear
- Save on ALPS Mountaineering Tents and Accessories
- Kelty Dualist 20 ThermaDri Sleeping Bag – Women’s $81.80
- Naturehike Portable Inflatable Pillow $14.00
- 20% off Burley joggers, trailers & accessories
- Big Agnes SP Atlantic Point 30Degree Long Sleeping Bag $66.96
Have a good week!
Photo: PCT to Eagle Rock