Photo: The Historic Flume Trail
I hope everyone has adjusted to Daylight Savings Time and has recovered from having an hour of your life mercilessly taken from you. The good news is it will be light out later, so maybe we can squeeze in some evening hikes after work.
If you are interested in seeing the wildflower display in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, now is the time to go! If you are able to go on a weekday, you will be much better off then during the crowded weekend. If you do have to wait until next weekend, there should still be some great flowers, but I highly recommend leaving very early, and bringing lots of patience. It is VERY crowded out there right now! Check out DesertUSA.com, and the State Park web site for more information.
Along with longer days and lots of flowers, unfortunately spring can also mean parasites! The County of San Diego has a great article and video on avoiding ticks.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Up to 40% off select athletic clothing and accessories
- Homitt 2 Person Outdoor Camping Hammock Set $24.99
- 20% off select Mission athletic apparel
- Cuisinart CCG-190 Portable Charcoal Grill, 14-Inch, Black $23.08
- ER Emergency Ready Thermal Mylar Blanket $2.59
Have a good week!
Photo: Highland Valley Trail