Photo: Scripps Coastal Reserve
Are you tired of the heat yet? Looks like things should start cooling off on Tuesday so start making those hiking plans!
Three Sisters Falls and Cedar Creek Falls remain closed through today (Monday, June 26th) due to anticipated high heat. The San Diego Union Tribune has a good article about the numerous rescues that have been conducted over the past couple of weeks at both locations.
NBC San Diego has a story on a group of hikers who were stranded on the bluffs near Torrey Pines when their return route became blocked with water when the tide came in. Always remember to check the tide tables when hiking along the coast.
Inspired by the popular 5 Peaks Challenge at Mission Trails, the San Dieguito River Valley Conservancy (SDRVC) has announced the Coast to Crest Trail Challenge! To complete the challenge, finish the five selected hikes between July 1, 2017, amd June 30, 2018 and take a selfie in each pre-designated location. Then submit your selfies to the SDRVC to receive a certificate and decal, as well as $10 in Adventure Bucks from Adventure 16 and a 20% off coupon for REI. You can do the hikes on your own, or join upcoming guided hikes with the SDRVC. The five hikes are: Volcan Mountain, San Dieguito Lagoon, Del Dios Gorge, Bernardo Mountain, and Clevenger Canyon South. Visit the SDRVC website for all the details!
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- 25% Off Select Osprey Packs
- Lightweight, Compact Camping Cookware Mess Kit $19.99
- Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System $17.99
- Platypus 2L Platy Bottle $9.71
- Etekcity 3 Pack Portable Outdoor LED Lantern $17.99
- URPOWER Running Belt $12.99
- Salomon Speedcross 4 W Trail Running shoe Sale – starting at $60.00
- Save on select Bondi Band Solid Moisture Wicking Headbands
- Terra Hiker Camping Stove $15.29
- Knee Gel Ice Pack for Cold & Hot Therapy $11.97
Have a good week!Photo: Oak Grove Loop and Visitor Center Loop at Mission Trails