Photo: Wooded Hill Nature Trail
I hope everyone got out to enjoy the beautiful weekend. It looks temperatures will start to rise this week, so make sure you check the forecast and are properly prepared before you head out.
Good news for Mission Trail hikers – the Big Rock trails leading to Cowles Mountain have been reopened after being damaged in a recent wildfire.
Next Sunday, June 18th at 8am, join Ranger Andrew Miller for a West Sycamore Nature Walk at the West Sycamore section of Mission Trails Regional Park. This will be a 90 minute guided nature walk where we will discuss the animals & plant communities commonly found at West Sycamore. Please wear comfortable shoes, a hat and bring bottled water. If you have any questions please email Ranger Andrew Miller at email@example.com. Visit the Mission Trails Events Calendar for more information.
There are some temporary trail closures in effect at San Elijo Lagoon. The closures are part of a project to improve and expand the trail system, including work on the North Coast Bike Trail. A map of affected trails is available here.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save on Coleman Tents and more
- 25% off select Under Armour Bags and Apparel
- MudGear Compression Running Socks $29.46
- Self Inflating Sleeping Pad with Pillow $26.99
- LDesign 3.0C Trail Camera $67.99
- Herenear Waterproof Sunshade Rain Fly 10′ x 10′ $27.99
- Camp Solutions Camping Travel Inflatable Pillow $11.69
- Vitalismo Sweat proof Cooling Towels $7.29
Have a good week!
Photo: Iron Mountain via Ellie Lane