Photo: North Clevenger Canyon
Who’s excited about precipitation? Looks like we should FINALLY see some rain during the early part of the week, and be back to clear and sunny skies in time for the weekend.
Have you seen the bald eagles at Lake Cuyamaca? The San Diego Union Tribune has a great photo slideshowe of the majestic birds there – best viewing times are early morning and late afternoon.
There have been reports of a woman at the Three Sisters trailhead “checking permits and collecting fees”. There are no permits or fees required at the Three Sisters trailhead, this is clearly a scam. If you encounter such a person, please report her to Cleveland National Forest’s Palomar District at (760) 788-0250. Ask for the Rec Officer or to be directed to the recreation department. It would also be helpful to get photos of her and her vehicle, especially the license plate.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Etekcity Ultralight Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stove $10.99
- Sawyer Products Mini Water Filtration System $19.97
- Save on Garmin vivosmart HR & HR+
- Up to 40% off Kelty Basin 15L Backpack
- The Deuce of Spades Backcountry Potty Trowel $17.50
- Trekology Ultralight Inflating Pillow $14.99
Have a good week!
Photo: Kelly Ditch Trail