How is everyone enjoying summer in January? There is a red flag fire warning in effect through today due to high winds, warm temperatures, and low humidity. It looks like temperatures should start dropping around mid-week.
You might want to get up early Wednesday morning to check out the “Super Blue Blood Moon lunar eclipse.” The total eclipse will begin at 4:51 am, reach maximum at 5:29 am, and end at 6:07 am, just in time to head off to work. Check out timeanddate.com for more information.
And in related sky-watching news, Anza Borrego Desert State Park was recently recognized as an “International Dark Sky Park.” The park and neighboring community Borrego Springs (also designated an International Dark Sky Community) have retrofitted light fixtures and switched from bright white lights to amber lights in order to lessen light pollution. This means the park is an outstanding place to visit for stargazing activities.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save on Outdoor Products Pack Ultimate Dry Sack and more
- Save on High Sierra Backpacks and Luggage
- Save up to 30% on select adidas women’s underwear
- Save 20% on Select Reebok Apparel
- Up to 30% OFF products from Naturehike
- Save 10% on Amazon Exclusive Exercise Mats
- Save 20% on Amazon Exclusive Compression Sleeves & Socks
- Coleman drinkware: Save 10% or more
Have a good week!
Photo: Wilderness Gardens Preserve