Photo: Del Mar Mesa Preserve
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and gets the day off today! Today is a fee-free day at National Parks and National Forests in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so you can head on out for a great hike without worrying about getting an Adventure Pass.
I don’t know about you guys, but I was really happy to see the rain last week. Right now the forecast is calling for rain again this Friday, and even snow up in the mountains! Let’s hope this actually comes to pass.
The Santee City Council has voted to prohibit smoking cigarettes as well as using electronic cigarettes and vaping devices on Santee City Trails.
The County Board of Supervisors has approved a $2 million expansion of a program to replace weakened trees in County Parks. Parks slated to receive new trees include Dos Picos, San Elijo Lagoon, and William Heise, where numerous trees have been lost in recent years to drought, the gold-spotted oak borer and shot hole borer.
There will be a public meeting regarding the Goodan Ranch/Sycamore Canyon Public Access Plan on Wednesday, January 24 from 5:30 – 7:30 at the Lakeside Community Center, 9841 Vine St., Lakeside, CA 92040. Join staff from the County of San Diego Department of Parks and Recreation to see options and provide your input to help develop this preserve’s public access plan.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save on Yaktrax Walk Traction Cleats for Walking on Snow and Ice
- Etekcity Ultralight Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stove $10.99
- Etekcity Portable Water Filter Survival Gear $15.99
- URPOWER Running Belt $11.99
- Up to 50% off LETHMIK Boonie Hat
- Save on Coleman tents, sleeping bags, and more
- Save 20% on Select Reebok Apparel
- Up to 44% off First Aid Kits
- 5-In-1 Adjustable Outdoor Paracord Survival Kit Bracelet – Pack of 2 $10.99
Have a good week!
Photo: Eagle Peak Preserve