Hopefully today should be the last of the rain for a little while and we can look forward to some good hiking weather.
It’s almost March, so both Daylight Savings time and the vernal equinox will be here soon. I, for one, am looking forward to some longer days and getting out for hikes after work!
Next Saturday, head up to the Wilderness Gardens County Preserve for a Saturday Hike. Wilderness Gardens is a beautiful place to enjoy a hike, and a lovely spot for a picnic! Join us once a month for a special ranger-led hike through the preserve to several spots of historic significance. Learn about the land, its wildlife, and why it was a lucrative location for early settlers. This 1.5 mile walk is easy for family friendly. Check out the San Diego County Parks and Recreation Activity Guide for more information, or visit our Events Page for even more upcoming hikes and events.
The Anza Valley Outlook has an informative article on an invasive weed that is threatening wildflowers in Anza-Borrego Desert State Park. Volutaria is a non-native flowering plant that grows taller and faster than native plants, impeding their growth. The Anza-Borrego Foundation is organizing weekly weeding events if you would like to volunteer and help protect the park from this invasive plant.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Up to 40% off select athletic clothing and accessories
- Save on Garmin vívofit 2 Activity Tracker, Black and more
- Save up to 30% on Spyder outerwear
- Save 30% on Select Burton Winter Gear
- Up to 40% Off Womens Yoga Pants and Active Leggings
- I Go First Aid Kit with Canvas Bag 95 Pieces
- Save up to 40% on Oakley Winter Apparel
- 20% off Purchase of Select Fishing Rods and Combos
- Ultimate Doublenest Camping Hammock $49.95
- Save 30% on Select 686 Winter Apparel
Have a good week!
Photo: Mountain Palm Springs