Photo: Oasis Spring
Looks like we’re finally in store for some rain! Enjoy it while it’s here.
Don’t forget next Monday, February 19th, is President’s Day. This will be a free entrance day for Forest Service lands (so no Adventure Pass needed). It will NOT be free for National Parks like it has been in past years.
The Ramona Chamber of Commerce has announced the Ramona Hiking Challenge. To complete the challenge, do the following six hikes in Ramona: Mount Woodson (via highway 67), Barnett Ranch Preserve, Ramona Grasslands Preserve, Dos Picos Park (Eagles Crest Trail), Mount Gower Open Space Preserve, and Santa Ysabel Preserve West. Then submit the registration form with the dates you completed each hike by the end of May 2018 to be entered to win a backpack filled with hiking gear and gifts from local Ramona businesses. Participants are also encouraged to share photos of your hikes on the Chamber’s Facebook and Instagram pages using the hashtag #RamonaHikingChallenge.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Etekcity Ultralight Portable Backpacking Camping Stove $10.99
- Save up to $50 on Select Fitbit Trackers
- Lulabop Hero Clip Versatile Carabiner Clip with rotating, folding hook $17.95
- Trianium Waterproof Case for Smartphone 2-pack $7.99
- Etekcity Portable Fire Starter $7.99
- Global Tactical Gear Survival Kit $21.00
- Save 25% on Marmot end of season insulated sale
- Save 25% on select ExOfficio men’s apparel
- Save 25% on select ExOfficio women’s apparel
- Jumbl Innovative Outdoor Portable Toilet $84.99
- 25% off Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Bottle Flip Lid Set
Have a good week!
Photo: Dust Devil Nature Trail