It’s been some great hiking weather, so I hope everyone’s been taking advantage of it. Looks like we might have some clouds and a little drizzle early in the week, but things should be back to perfect by midweek.
Next Sunday head on over to the West Sycamore portion of Mission Trails Regional Park for a West Sycamore Nature Walk. Join Ranger Andrew Miller at 8 a.m. at the Goodan Ranch Staging Area (located at the very east end of Sycamore Canyon Road at 16281) in Poway (zipcode 92064) for a 90-minute guided nature walk. He will focus on the plant communities commonly found at West Sycamore. Please be sure to bring bottled water and wear comfortable shoes and sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunscreen). Rain cancels. Visit the Mission Trails Events Calendar for more information, or check out our Events Page for even more upcoming hikes and events.
Two meteor showers will be lighting up the night sky over the next few weeks. Beginning December 4th, the Geminids Meteor Shower will peak around the 13th and 14th, and should last until around the 16th. The Ursid Meteor Shower should peak around the 21st and 22nd. Anza-Borrego Desert State Park with its dark skies should offer some of the best viewing.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Klymit Static V Lightweight Sleeping Pad $46.00
- LE LED Safety Lights 2 Pack 3 Modes for Running, Cycling $7.99
- Save Up to 50% on Columbia Sportswear Apparel for Men, Women, and Kids
- Save on Coleman Sleeping Bags
- Save Up To 60% on Columbia Cold Weather Apparel
- Save on Mountainsmith Tents, Packs, Trekking Poles and more
- MudGear Trail Running Socks 2 Pair Pack $24.99
- Save 20% on Arctix winter outerwear
- Ultimate Socks Merino Wool Midweight Hiker Crew Sock $8.49
- 25% Off Select Gregory Packs
- 25% Off Select Kelty Items
Have a good week!
Photo: Lake Hodges