Mother Nature was quite kind to give us a clear weekend in between rainstorms, so I hope everyone got out and got their hike on this weekend! It looks like we’re in for some more rain mid-week, but hopefully it should be clear again by next weekend.
And clear weather is what we want for Winter Solstice! Next Sunday, join the San Diego Natural History Museum Canyoneers as they ascend Cowles Mountain in near-darkness to watch the sunrise on the first day of winter. Their viewing spot is a Kumeyaay solstice observatory, about halfway up the mountain. Meet at the trail head at the corner of Golfcrest Drive and Navajo Road at 6 am. Check out the Canyoneers’ web page for more information, or visit our Events Page to find other hikes and activities!
Are you still working on your Holiday shopping? You’ve only got 10 days left, but fear not, we’ve totally got you covered. Check out our Holiday Gift Guide for some of our favorite gift ideas, or explore some of the other awesome new deals we’ve found for you:
- Shop our Holiday Specials Sale and save up to 60% on tens of thousands of products! Only at Altrec.com!
- Shop Eddie Bauer’s Top 10 Gifts For Men and Top 10 Gifts For Women
- You can’t go wrong with a subscription to Backpacker Magazine
- Shop the Teva Gift Guides for Men and Women and Find the Perfect Gifts for Everyone on Your List!
- Check out The Under Armour Gift Guide + Free Shipping On $25+ with Code UAHOLIDAY25
- Amazon has some great deals on Outdoor Clothing & Accessories: Spend More, Save More
- Get $10 Off $50 on Select Victorinox Knives
Have a good week!