Photo: San Clemente Canyon
I hope everyone’s been staying safe in this stupid heat. I for one, have had enough. Fortunately, the forecast is calling for today to be the worst of it, and then it should start to call off. Hopefully the upcoming weekend will be more pleasant!
There is a small wildfire burning just south of the border near Portrero. As of Sunday, it was at approximately 120 acres. Cal Fire is monitoring the situation.
The San Dieguito River Park has announced that construction of the Pamo Valley segment of the Coast to Crest Trail should begin this fall. The trail through Pamo Valley will link two existing Forest Service trails to add 12 more miles to the Coast to Crest Trail.
Next Sunday there is a volunteer workday at Palomar Mountain State Park! This workday will focus on general park improvements. Kids 12 and up welcome with a legal guardian. Free RV/camper camping available Saturday and Sunday (no hookups). Tent camping available Sunday only for preregistered volunteers. Visit calparks.org/parkchampions to register and see a complete calendar of upcoming events.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save Up to 40% on Icebreaker
- LE 500lm Outdoor Portable, Battery Powered LED Lantern $13.59
- iKross Super Bright LED Water proof Camping Headlamp $13.99
- Men / Women’s Safari Outback SPF 50 UV Protection Foldable Sun Hat,Black $11.99
- Save 30% On Select Outdoor Research Styles
- Oh Sh!t Survival Kit – Paracord Kit $9.99
- Up to 30% off Sugoi bike clothing
- Save on Yukon Outfitters Outdoor Packs
- Save Up to 30% on Gore Performance Bike Wear
- Vasque Hiking Shoes Under $100
- Save 30% On Select Under Armour Styles
- Save up to 40% during Prana’s summer end sale
Have a good week!
Photo: Kitchen Creek Falls