Photo: Mule Deer along Thunder Spring/Chimney Flats Loop in Palomar Mountain State Park
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and maybe got a chance to check out the Perseid Meteor Showers. We’re just one week away from a solar eclipse! Check out NASA’s web site for everything you need to know about the event, and then head over to Amazon to order some Solar Eclipse Glasses for safely viewing the sun.
The Valley Roadrunner has a great article on Keys Creek Canyon Preserve – a future open space preserve in Valley Center. The 190-acre property was recently acquired by the County of San Diego.
And in more good news, the Times of San Diego reports that Mission Trails Park is getting 178 additional acres, thanks to Pardee Homes.
Those of you with young hikers in the family will be happy to learn that Guajome Regional Park has opened a one mile TRACK Trail. TRACK trails is a program that engages children through self-guided treks at parks where kids can earn prizes for tracking their adventures online.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Save on Coleman RoadTrip LXX Grill and more
- MudGear Compression Running Socks $29.46
- Keehoo Outdoor Sports Ladder Toss Game Set $33.99
- LED Camping Lantern 2 Pack $15.99
- Save up to 40% on all Solstice insect repellent apparel
- Get $20 off $100 or more on Klymit
- FEMOR Travel Camping Pillow $10.15
- Save BIG on SALOMON Running Gear and Apparel
- Adjustable Survival Bracelet $12.99
- Osprey Porter 65 Travel Duffel Bag $105.00
Have a good week!
Photo: Batiquitos Lagoon