I hope everyone was able to get out this weekend in between rain showers. It looks like things should be clearing up over the course of the week, so if you’ve been holding out for sunshine, your time is near!
Next Saturday marks the beginning of National Park Week. From April 16 – 24, all national parks will have free admission. If you don’t have the time to make a trip to one of the major National Parks to take advantage of this deal, you can always visit Cabrillo National Monument in Point Loma.
Next Saturday, head on up to Escondido for a Discover Daley Ranch hike (5 – 7 miles). Meet Naturalist William Sherrard for a slow to moderately paced hike on the trails of Daley Ranch. The planned hike is between five and seven miles in length and will last about 2.5 to 3 hours. He will be happy to map out a hike for those wishing to go longer distances. Choices are hikes of 5, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, or 18 miles in length. Visit the Daley Ranch Naturalist Hikes web page for more details, or visit our Events Page to find even more upcoming hikes and events.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness deals from Amazon:
- Etekcity Portable Rechargeable LED Camping Lantern Flashlights & 4400mah USB Power Bank $18.99
- Save Up to 45% On SealLine, Platypus, Hummingbird & E-Case Products
- Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated True Pint, 16-Ounce $21.99
- Lightspeed Outdoors Ample 6-Person Instant Tent, Gray $123.99
- Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, Black, Large $129.99
- CamelBak Fourteener 20 Hydration Pack Starting at $98.99