We’ve got lots of exciting things to look forward to this month:
- This Sunday, May 3, is a full moon! Moonrise is at 7:21 pm so get out for a moonlit nighttime hike! Some popular full moon destinations include Iron Mountain and Cowles Mountain.
- May 9 – 10 and 16 – 17 are San Diego River Days. Over these two weekends there will be more than 30 events held at various locations along the San Diego River. There will be guided hikes, volunteer opportunities, educational events, a 5k, and more! Check out the San Diego River Days website for all the details!
- May 16 is Explore Mission Trails Day – there will be guided nature walks, outdoor recreation demonstrations, public safety information, and a variety of kid-friendly activities including pony rides and crafts. Visit the Mission Trails Regional Park website for more information.
- May 25 is Memorial Day! Hopefully you get an extra day off work to go hiking!
And don’t forget next Sunday, May 10th is Mother’s Day! After you cook her breakfast, why not take mom out on the Oakoasis County Stroll? The Oakoasis Sunday stroll will provide a moderately challenging walk the whole family can enjoy. Bring a half gallon of water per person, sturdy shoes, a hat, sunscreen, and snacks to get you through a nice 3 mile loop featuring fantastic overviews of San Vincente Reservoir. Be prepared for a few hundred feet in elevation change that will challenge your skills. Meet at the Oakoasis parking lot at 8am. Check out the County Parks and Recreation Guide for more information, or visit our Events Page for even more upcoming activities.
Now through May 25, you can Save More when you Spend More at Amazon’s Great Outdoors Savings Event:
- Spend $50, save an extra 15%
- Spend $75, save an extra 20%
- Spend $100, save an extra 25%
Amazon has a couple of other new deals this week as well:
- Save at Least 30% on White Sierra Clothing
- Save $20 on Your $100 Purchase of Select Quik Shade Products and More