According to the National Weather Service, this is now the second wettest May in San Diego on record! While we’ve still got a long way to go to ease the drought conditions, anything is helpful. It looks like the temperatures should remain pretty cool for the upcoming week so it should be great weather for hiking.
Take advantage of the cool weather next weekend with an Interpretive Nature Hike at Lake Morena County Park. During the hike you will learn about native plants in the area, and how the Kumeyaay Indians utilized the natural vegetation in their daily lives. You will also learn the history of Lake Morena. Before the hike there will be a short talk about snakes and storm water. The hike lasts about an hour and a half. Call in advance to verify the hike start time. Visit the County of San Diego Parks and Recreation Guide for more information, or check out our Events Page to find even more upcoming hikes and activities.
Memorial Day is next weekend! Are you ready for summer adventure? Amazon has some great deals on popular outdoor brands this week to help you prepare:
- 63% off ALLPOWERS 10000mAh Solar Panel Charger
- Save 25% or More On Select Kelty Items
- Save 25% Now On Select Slumberjack Items
- Save 25% Now on Select Osprey Items
- Save $10 On Select Light My Fire Products When You Spend $50
- 40% off Columbia Outdoor Clothing
- 25% Off Select CamelBak Gear
- Up to 70% Off Merrell Women’s Shoes, Clothing, and Accessories
- Save 20% on Icebreaker Clothing
And don’t forget some healthy snacks for your next hike! Vitacost.com has lots of snack/energy bars,trail mix, and other healthy snack foods that are perfect to take along on your hike to keep yourself fueled. And, if you sign up through this link, you can get $10 off your first purchase of $30 or more!
Have a good week!