It’s been awesome hiking weather and it looks like that’s going to continue for a while, so get out there! Remember today, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, is a fee free day at National Parks and National Forests. You can take advantage of this great deal and head on over to Cabrillo National Monument for a hike, or check out one of the many great trails in the Cleveland National Forest without worrying about an Adventure Pass.
Are you looking for a way to give back and help support some of the parks and trails you enjoy so much? Check out the many volunteer opportunities available with The County of San Diego Parks and Recreation Department.
If you’re looking for a challenge, next Sunday you can check out the Early Morning Fitness Hike at Daley Ranch. Join Naturalist Rita Ospelt on an exploration of the single-track trails of the west side as well as on the east side of Daley Ranch. The hike will also go through the valley. The total distance will be 12.2 miles and will be at a brisk pace. Expect steep uphill/downhill sections and this hike is not suited for children. Visit the Daley Ranch web site for more information, or check out our Events Page to find even more upcoming hikes and events.
Here’s the latest outdoor and fitness gear deals from Amazon:
- Emergency Survival Mylar Sleeping Blanket – 2 Pack $4.40
- 25% off or more Columbia Cold Weather Accessories
- Up to 40% Off Select Men’s Under Armour Products
- Up to 40% Off Select Under Armour Bags
- Contigo AUTOSEAL Kangaroo Water Bottle with Storage Compartment, 24-Ounce, Blue 1.831.
- Up to 50% Off Select Women’s Running Shirts
- Save up to 35% on Women’s Outdoor Clothing
- Save Up to 35% on Select Men’s Outdoor Clothing
- Up to 50% Off Select Men’s Running Shirts
- Lewis N. Clark Waterproof Multi Purpose pouch, Clear Blue, Large, One Size 1.971.
- Save 25% on Select Columbia Items
- Up to 25% Off Select ColdGear and HeatGear Essentials from Under Armour
Have a good week!